[Jandek] Re: manhatten thursday/explode my love

Shervin Fatehi fatehi at berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 27 10:11:59 PDT 2009

On Apr 27, 2009, at 12:13 AM, Steve Polta wrote:
> regarding the "explode on a girl line"...
>
> "If I Waited Twenty Hours," from WHAT ELSE DOES THE TIME MEAN?
> features the line "Explode my love on you" (several times, howled).
> He also used the line in a song in a 2007 concert in San Francisco.
> I was surprised as I was under the impression that live songs are
> usually "new" and not album tracks. Not sure if the one I heard was
> "If I Waited..." or not. But... does he repeat songs from concert
> to concert? Does he play album tracks live? Are these three
> instances perhaps manifestations of the same song???

The Rep partially answered your question back in September '07.
Quoting myself:

"And back when the Fort Worth Saturday lyric fragments were posted, I
noticed some similarities -- specifically, 'I don't want to win or
lose; I only want to live with you' seemed very familiar (this motif
popped up in the Brooklyn Wednesday lyrics as well). I asked if he
had played the same song both places, and he replied: 'Yes, same song
as Boston. Also performed at Indianapolis. Only repeat so far.'"

Sounds like this was a different song, but not an album track...

Sherv