[Jandek] Re: Manhattan Thursday (Jason Henn)

Chris Robinson hardeveningsuburb at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 00:48:42 PDT 2009

Jason,

You are correct.  At the Houston show, somebody decided to lie down on the
stage.  I'm not sure if it was tequila, but I think I saw somebody pouring
an unidentified drink into his mouth.  I had a great time at the Houston
show, but there were definitely a few jerks in the audience.  I got hit hard
in the face by one of those exploding confetti eggs.  Those who were there
know what eggs I'm talking about.

I hope this doesn't become the new trend at Jandek shows, especially at the
quieter, less rocking performances that will inevitably occur.  Crowd
reaction is a positive thing until it becomes distracting.  When I go to a
show, I go to hear the music, not the crowd.  Show a little decorum,
people.  Dance, stand, applaud at the appropriate moments, but otherwise
shut up.

-Chris