[Jandek] Brooklyn Wednesday DVD!

Lars Spurious lars.spurious at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 11:47:11 PDT 2008

Mesmerised by the DVD of Brooklyn Wednesday, which arrived this
morning. Not through it yet (almost finished disc 1), but very
impressed overall with the quality of the filming. Lovely shadows.
Watching the instrumentalists closeup has really helped me to get into this
performance. I like the CD of course but the DVD transforms
everything. Absolutely essential. At $16, it's cheaper than the boxset.

Had Glasgow Sunday 2005 for a while now and have listened to it
repeatedly. Intensely moved by the acapella sections on the first
track. Another essential album.

As always wish the release schedule would speed up. Can't wait for The
Duality of Self.