[Jandek] Vinyl

Matt Keeley revme at comcast.net
Mon Apr 23 15:45:46 PDT 2007

I'm still (cosmically) amused by the break-in at a REALLY AWESOME
record store in town (sadly, they closed a few months ago).  At their
close-out sale, they were selling everything half-price, except for
some CDs by the door which were 1 dollar.  See, it turned out that
someone had broken in and stolen a bunch of merchandise one night;
only it turned out they'd just taken the cases, as all the discs were
kept behind the counter.  And of the CDs they had, about half were
Jandek's.

So, you know, somewhere out there, someone (who is not a very nice
person) is sitting there with a bunch of empty Jandek CD cases.

It just strikes me as sort of a decent enough comeuppance, eh.  (Just
because, well, I don't think the type to break into a record store to
steal discs would necessarily appreciate Jandek, but if they WERE
they were still screwed since, well, no music.  And, really, if you
want them that badly, the Rep's prices are real good, y'know.)