[Jandek] corwood vs retail 4 orders...

Lauren Ciechanowski ciechano at stolaf.edu
Thu Nov 16 21:23:44 PST 2006

Corwood directly benefits more from you purchasing a single disc from
them. Any online retailer has more than likely purchased the discs at the
20 for $4 deal, meaning that their $8 CD provides them at the most a $4
profit - less if they ship for free. On the other hand, if you purchase
directly from Corwood for $8 they are making roughly $4 or $5 off of that
purchase, subtracting for shipping, overhead at the studio and the plant.

Also, and I forgot who brought this up, but the method of payment does not
at all affect the rate of turnover on an order. When I place order by
check he usually cashes it 3-4 weeks later, sometimes earlier, but never
later. Regardless, I always receive the shipment within a week, unless
he's out of town.

Lauren