[Jandek] CHILL:re sterling

krakow krakow81 at gmail.com
Tue May 23 06:51:57 PDT 2006

I fully agree with Steven. I don't see the need to be so extremely worried
about how one refers to Jandek/Corwood/Sterling/whatever as a lot of people
seem to be. Remember that, although he does make the music he does, he is
still an ordinary person. Putting him on such a high, untouchable pedestal
seems needless and wrong to me.

There's also the fact that the meeting which a few people refer to, where he
stated that he never wanted to be contacted re. Jandek/Corwood again,
happened a long time ago, and in particular before the, now not infrequent
and relatively high profile (cf. ATP), live performances.

Personally if I were to write or speak to him I would probably use Jandek or
Corwood, but would hope not to be too worried about the issue. I'm pretty
sure he can cope however a letter is addressed.