[Jandek] thoughts on Newcastle Sunday

Tony Rogers kirkwoodrogers at verizon.net
Fri Mar 10 08:00:01 PST 2006

I never thought about that connection to the darker Miles stuff, but
that's a really good analogy when it comes to the overall effect of the
sound as a whole on Newcastle, comparing it to those ones like Pangea or
Dark Magus. It's certainly not coming from the same harmonic angle or
approach, but it reminds me of those records because in both instances it
feels like sailing on dense, sometimes rough, uncharted (musical) water and
much of the journey is not pretty in the classic sense, but very powerful.
Good one.