[Jandek] More Fawning Hipsters.....

mitch king lordinfernus_2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 11:08:30 PST 2006

Hey Guys,
      I have to laugh at the whole "fawning hipsters"
notion in the case of Jandek.  When I think of hipster
guys like that, it is usually guys who are just
"posing" and not really enjoying the music.  I can't
see what the relevance of pretending to be into Jandek
if you are not.  He doesn't have hit singles, or tons
of swooning teenagers eagerly awaiting the next "hit"
single.  Aside from the people on this list I can't
imagine anyone else caring if you like the ol' SS
anyway.  I know everyone has thier own opinion, but I
throughly enjoyed the documentary.  The filmakers
deliberately decided not to go after the man, like he
was Bigfoot or something.  So whats left, the music,
so they analyzed it?  That's what he's given it to us
for. Enjoy!

P.s: Has anyone else noticed the Jandekian qualities
of the Frog Eyes "Ego Scriptor" CD?? The picking, the
vocals, definitely!!

P.s.s Hey Enchanter Tim,it's great the see another
BEAR on the list!! Hails!!

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com