[Jandek] how big is the Corwood universe?

stacey graham staceygraham at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 12:21:52 PDT 2006

Not that it matters at all, especially in this rarified and highly
unusual case of artistic obscurity, but has anybody ever heard or read
or even been able to extrapolate how many copies of his releases
Jandek sells?  I have heard some ridiculously low number of the
original LP pressings, but that was from a long time and a different
universe (pre-internet) ago.

It's hard to wrap one's head around such an unquantifiable number.  I
hope he has seen (or more probably) is now seeing some financial
reward for the little corner of the universe that he has claimed as
his own.

P.S.  If there are any Minneapolis/St. Paul area free jazz fans, the
seldom-seen documentary "My Name Is Albert Ayler" is playing Saturday
8/19 at the Riverview Theater as part of the Sound Unseen festival.

--
Stacey Graham
Minneapolis  MN  USA