[Jandek] Louisville Tom Waits show and his visual similarity to J-Dek

ian nauroth ian.nauroth at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 06:42:10 PDT 2006

I was coincidentally listening to that Tom Waits album this morning, with
particular attention to that song. I don't know that its specifically a
reference to Jandek or how one would even be able to verify such a thing.
the character definitely displays some Jandekian behaviors. Not sure why
he's signaling on the roof but I suppose it could be a metaphor for reaching
out for recognition or something. Either way its a great song that has that
mysterious and eerie quality to it. its gonna be fun to listen to the song
again while picturing the Corwood rep.

- Ian