[Jandek] OT: Sweet Jesus - Mingering Mike!!!

Jamie Morrison jamski at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jul 30 14:38:27 PDT 2005

Wow, this stuff's incredible! Surprisingly good website too, at
http://www.mingeringmike.com.

The whole thing rather reminds me of a band called The Memphis Goons - who
were a group of teenagers who created hundreds of fabulous garage rock tunes
in, you guessed it, their parents garage, before breaking up after
graduation (one of the members ended up writing for Creem). Some of the
recordings were released 25 or so years later on a CD entitled 'Teenage
BBQ' - well worth getting.

Jamie