[Jandek] OT: Sweet Jesus - Mingering Mike!!!

Danen D. Jobe djobe at uark.edu
Sat Jul 30 08:40:14 PDT 2005

Man, this guys a legend.  I remember reading about him a few years ago.  Does anyone else remember the story about the guys finding his "fake" records while digging in a salvation army?  For those who don't know, the records are hand-drawn (see the covers in the link) covers stuffed with disc-shaped cardboard cutouts including fake labels and invented song times.  I knew there were some audio recordings but I figured they'd slipped into oblivion. I would give anything to hear these!

Does anyone know the label putting out Shooby Taylor's recordings?  They might be sympathetic and pitch in.  Don't know if the Arf Arf label even exists anymore, but they did a swell job with Lucia Pamela's album.  Anyway thanks for this info James. If this stuff comes out I would think it would be must-own for the Jandek community at large.  Not simply because the guy's a recluse - but he seems a close spirit to our man in Houston.  I hope somebody helps get this out and get his recordings out of obscurity.