[Jandek] Memphis Goons

Kip Shepherd kipshepherd at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 31 07:05:33 PDT 2005

>The whole thing rather reminds me of a band called The Memphis Goons - who
>were a group of teenagers who created hundreds of fabulous garage rock
>tunes
>in, you guessed it, their parents garage, before breaking up after
>graduation (one of the members ended up writing for Creem). Some of the
>recordings were released 25 or so years later on a CD entitled 'Teenage
>BBQ' - well worth getting.

You can order some goons from here:
http://www.shangrilaprojects.com/artist_detail.php?ArtistID=6

Robot A. Hull was the Creem writer.  The Goons still play together
occasionally.  There was a good history of the Goons on the web but I can't
find it now.

There are rumored to be hundreds of hours of tapes.  Yow.  They would write
a song, record it and go on the next one.

Kip

NP: Government Cheese - No Sleeping In Penn Station
********
"There ought to be limits to freedom."
- G.W.Bush, May 21, 1999

http://1000000milesaway.blogspot.com/