[Jandek] The Day Everyone's Brain Exploded

Joe Henry farmofarmo at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 10:52:40 PDT 2004

O Lord, a picture is worth a thousand words. That's
Jandek, alright. I'd swear by it. You know, it's funny
that Jandek has built such a reputation of consistency
that people find it unbelievable that he did something
as simple as play a gig.
And playing a set at a festival in Scotland is hardly
in the same ballpark as going on the Tonight Show.
C'mon, next thing you know you'll be hearing people
say "Yeah, I liked Jandek for a while, until he sold
out."
Most importantly, I need details, song lists,
anything! What did he sound like? Did he sing in a
whisper, like his earlier stuff, or did he moan like
his last few albums? Was did his guitar sound like?
What kind of tuning? To all who were there, please be
a responsible member of the list and report back!