[Jandek] First Jandek Albums

Chuck Williamson dynamite_ovaries at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 21:23:36 PDT 2004

Hey.

I just found out about Jandek and am certainly interested in the man and his music; therefore, I find it appropriate to go ahead and take the dive; I will buy some Jandek albums and explore the possibilities.

So the problem is this: which albums should the neophyte pick up?  I thinking either two or three albums should work, and if its three I guess I should get the ones which best represent his overarching catalogue.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not planning on making due with just a sampling of his ouvre.  Just something to warm me up to this outsider.

The question is: Which albums to get?  The answers: I imagine will vary.

Thank you very much.

CW