[Jandek] RE: Shadow of Leaves lyrics

Joe Henry farmofarmo at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 19:01:33 PDT 2004

Hey, thanks for the appreciation. I agree with both of
your corrections. The "grave life" line threw me off
for the same grammatical vagueness that you mentioned.
Jandek's career-spanning method of (and I'm sure it's
intentional) addressing a vague "you" that could be
either his god/lover/mother/audience/friend/self seems
to have been getting plently of use lately. I enjoy
playing the guessing game as I listen to the new CDs.