[Jandek] Aussie Fans?

Matt Warren matt at mattwarren.com.au
Sun Sep 25 17:37:15 PDT 2011

Indeed I did, albeit briefly. Being the fanboy I am I was honored enough
when Sterling asked me to help him lift his amp onto the stage, but later
on after the gig, shaking his hand and thanking him for a great gig, he
said my set was 'really different, unusual'. Well I thought that was great
coming from him! He was very nice.
Must say both David and Heather were
super nice and made for a great Jandek show and the fact that I loaned them
my cymbals for the gig means a lot to me...nerdy as that is. My friend
Andrew and his wife who both organised the show spent quite a bit of time
with them all and I understand Sterling, the man behind the legend, seems
like a lovely fellow.

As for a favourite album, hard to say
really...'Ready For the House' is right up there still. I really like
'Chair By the Window' too.
Kinda digging on the spoken word at the
moment...but I've only got 'Worthless Recluse'.

Cheers,
Matt

On Mon, 26
Sep 2011 10:21:06 +1000, Feigin Boris  wrote:  Hi Matt,  Wow, that's
awesome...did you get to meet the man himself? I went to the Sydney show
and managed to get Jandek to sign one of my CDs which was pretty epic:) Do
you have a favourite CD so far?  Cheers, Boris