[Jandek] some more thoughts on Toronto Sunday/Corwood website

Chris Robinson hardeveningsuburb at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 23:17:04 PDT 2010

Having finally gotten around to listening to the whole thing, I really have
to add to the chorus: I really like this show.  The music is fabulous.  The
layered guitar work and the upright bass add so much depth to the
proceedings, not to mention the amazing percussion work.  The keyboard
caught me off guard at first, but it grew on me and I think it works well.
The whole thing has a constant feeling of forward movement, but it never
feels rushed.  Great pacing.  Perfect listening for a long drive, day or
night.  I love the lyrics.  Each new disc adds fire to my belief that the
Corwood Rep. is one of the finest lyricists of our time.  The man is a
fucking machine.  His post-2000 work is lyrically amazing, and the rate at
which he writes it and puts it out never ceases to amaze me.  I'm in awe of
the man and his art and Toronto Sunday is quite a piece.

I think the Corwood website is legit.  What a momentous occasion, Corwood
enters the digital age, albeit in his signature minimal fashion.  I love
it.

I'll try my best to get the lyrics transcribed in a timely manner.  If
somebody else wants to to it, by all means.  But I'll likely have some time
toward the end of the week and during the weekend to get a good
transcription done.

Anyway, I'll stop gushing.  I'll just say that anybody contemplating
purchasing Toronto Sunday should do so immediately.

-Chris