[Jandek] Re: jandek Digest, Vol 57, Issue 79

Jason Henn jason.henn at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 07:57:44 PDT 2009

> This brings to mind the idea that Jandek is as much about the audience as
> the performer. Here, the audience is almost a "third instrument," something
> blurring the landscape, and influencing the music by pushing Corwood to play
> louder.

I was thinking the same thing. On first listen, I was so annoyed with the
background noise, imagining myself in the audience cringing and wishing
everybody would shut up. On second listen, though, I heard it as an
interesting piece of the texture of the performance. I wonder if Corwood was
annoyed with the recording or just accepted it as a document of the evening,
for better or worse.