[Jandek] Put My Dream On This Planet vinyl release

Mark Greenberg mark at mayfairrecordings.com
Wed Aug 12 14:40:35 PDT 2009

You CAN make album sides that long but you will have to pay for it
with thinner grooves and an overall quieter record. It's the "Get
Happy" rule.

 From the Chicago Mastering Service website (http://
www.chicagomasteringservice.com/vinyl.html):

"As a side gets longer, grooves must become thinner (i.e. quieter) to
fit on the side........ as you come down in level, you move toward
the noise floor of the medium and the pops and clicks usually present
in a manufactured record will be much louder relative to the music. "

Mark