[Jandek] Jandek - Derry

Brendan Byrne falonben at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 3 18:05:46 PDT 2009

I was one of the (only?)locals who went along to Sandinos not knowing really what i was going to witness.
I'd posted about the show on another site i'm a member of but met with no takers,in fact nobody liked what they'd heard.
Purchased an album or 2 from Volcanic Tongue prior to going as something about him intrigued me but nothing prepared me for the show itself.
I arrived upstairs just as they were starting(apologies to everyone i missed)& sat at the back near the clown who got thumped.
I have to say i've never been to a show like this & found the music hypnotic to the point of almost nodding off at times near the end but i really enjoyed it & sorry that i didn't get to any other shows due to being in Scotland 'til the tuesday night.
Look forward to getting the CDs when released as i've now started(like everyone else here at some point?)to collect all the other albums.
I'd love to think he'll be back but not sure if that'll ever happen.
BTW i was the guy who gave 2 guys directions to Sandinos & their hotel at the bus station that day if they're reading.