[Jandek] eBay Weirdness

Joshua Harris pinholga at gmail.com
Fri May 16 11:59:52 PDT 2008

Has anyone else noticed an uptick in the bizzare quotient in searching for
Jandek on eBay of late?

It started with the Steve Keene paintings. Then the Richmond amp (Tim, is
that you...?)

This one has to be the weirdest though:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jandek-Reclusive-Folk-Rock-Legend-Autographed-8x10-RARE_W0QQitemZ270235919918QQihZ017QQcategoryZ104409QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Does this seem forged to anyone else? First of all I can't imagine Corwood
actually signing an autograph, and second, looking at the correspondence
posted on Flickr,  the letters always have an accent at the top of the  "C,"
not the bottom, and the "d"s don't have a tail. What weirds me out though,
is why would anyone bother to forge a Corwood "signature"?

In regards to the postage discussion: I for one can guarantee that Jason was
not smoking pot when he came up with the question. While I don't have any
particularly interesting stamp pictures, I have recieved mail from Corwood
where the stamp was not canceled, which is pretty weird in itself.

--
"My fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball, but
tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward, upward not forward,

Joshua A. Harris, pinholga at gmail.com