[Jandek] Manhattan Tuesday DVD

Danen Jobe danen1970 at gmail.com
Sat May 10 21:46:55 PDT 2008

I'll third that, but I'll also honestly say that while the rehearsal is
interesting, especially to those of us who are fanatics, it doesn't
supersede the show itself, which is magnificent. What I LOVE about disc 2,
however, is that it's literally a "bonus disc" - the catalog has it listed
at the same price as the single disc DVD. This is effective, as it is of
most interest, again, to those of us who are curious as to how Corwood
works. But the show itself, I believe, may be captivating to those who
aren't as familiar with the music, or care that much how the rehearsal
process is spelled out. In other words, the DVD is a win-win situation.
Normally, I don't think I would recommend the DVD over the CD (I'm more of
an audio guy, hence my infatuation with music and all), but I think this one
sums up the whole of the concert, down to Loren Connor's exit due to a
tinnitus attack. This is interesting when compared to a touching moment in
the rehearsal when the Rep touches Connors on the shoulder. the two
obviously have a close relationship, and it adds a touch of drama to the
show, which is magnificent. Really worth having, and a bargain at the price.
I hope he "moves" some of these!