[Jandek] Jandek in Denver, July 25th! (Denver Friday)

Danen Jobe danen1970 at gmail.com
Sun May 4 21:08:43 PDT 2008

So I've been waiting almost a year to send out this message, and now I get
to say it:

Jandek is FINALLY coming to Colorado, and it's going to be "something
special."

He'll be at the Bug Theatre (for a neat history of the former Nickelodeon,
built in 1912, visit www.bugtheatre.org) for a Friday night concert starting
at 7:30. The details of the show are currently mum (as, you know, is usually
the case at this point), but there will be more coming.

Tickets, you say? Right now you can find them online only, but that will
change in the next week or so. You can find them at this link:
http://www.ticketalternative.com/SitePages/Search.aspx?catid=All&pattern=jandek,
where they go on sale MONDAY MORNING May 5th at 9 am EDT, and will be $25
(plus a couple of bucks in fees that we have nothing, obviously, to do
with). I promise you this show will be as creative and exciting an event as
has come to Denver in some time. I mean, this is the Man's first ever
appearance in the mighty expanse of land separating Texas from
San Francisco. Let's give him a great welcome and hope he comes back more
often.  I'll be happy to provide directions to the Bug, ideas for eating
close by, and where to find the best record stores in town (hey, I
always want to know this when I go to a show) as we get closer to the date.
Meantime, I want to say again how excited I am to be curating this unique
event, promoted in part by the legendary Rhinoceropolis gallery and concert
hall (if you live in the area, you should get over there and see a show). If
you want to know more about the show, including an ongoing blog about its
development and so on, visit (and please friend request) the event's
official page at: www.myspace.com/jandekindenver. You can also link up to
the Last FM events page at http://www.last.fm/event/606360. Any stories that
link to this I'll also send out to the list - in keeping with some of the
emails of late requesting more Jandek enthusiasm, I intend to keep the
community as involved with the nuts and bolts of this event as possible. I
don't see this as simply another concert for Corwood - this is going to be
SOMETHING, and I would love nothing more than to see the people of this list
there. Plus, I know a few great joints for after the show.

Okay, that's all for now - hope to see some of you there, and please let me
know what you think. I might add that there is an "official" email for all
things "Jandek in Denver" related, should you simply have a technical
question or want to complain about something (I'm here to listen) which is:
jandekindenver at yahoo.com.

Thanks all for reading my utterly over-enthused ramblings, hope to see some
of you at the show!

Danen