[Jandek] Denver etc

charlie martineau ghostofasaint at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 14:52:00 PDT 2008

I drove down from Gillette, WY for the Denver show along with a friend who had never heard the music of Jandek. I think the show has been summarized well enough but I was completely blown away and consider it one of the best shows I've ever seen. I'd agree that the rep.'s vocals were a bit buried sometimes. I remembered a handful of lyrics but since its been two days and I didn't write anything down. Never thought I'd see Jandek playing slap bass in front of me! Also the bowed cymbal section made me realllly happy as I'm a big Organum fan..

Props to everyone involved can't wait for the live release!

Charlie