[Jandek] Recommendations from Jandek discography

jesus kenievel knievelperu at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 27 12:33:11 PDT 2008

I've been listening to "The Ruins of the Adventure" and "The Myth of the Blue Icicles" quite a bit.
Both in my opinion are among his strongest recordings and I recommend them highly.

First Acoustic Phase (0739-0745) - READY FOR THE HOUSE First Band Phase (0746-0752) - MODERN DANCES
 Second Band Phase (0753-0759) - BLUE CORPSE

Second Acoustic Phase (0760-0766) - GRAVEN IMAGE Acapella Phase (0767-0769) - PUT MY DREAM ON THIS PLANET Pre-Live Modern Phase (0770-0778) - THE END OF IT ALL Live Phase - (0779-  ) MANHATTAN TUESDAY Post-Live Modern Phase (0780-  ) - THE MYTH OF THE BLUE ICICLES

From: elephantpie at hotmail.comTo: jandek at mylist.netDate: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 10:02:34 +0000Subject: [Jandek] Recommendations from Jandek discography

Hi, I'm just in the process of organizing another order of Jandek CD's, and was wondering if anybody had any particular favourites that are not always highlighted on the well-known discographies? I've already got hold of about 30 Corwood albums, and am hoping to find some buried gems. An example for me, of an album which never seems to get fair mention, is 'New Town'. I thought to arrange such a request, and to maybe make it a bit more interesting, it might make sense to do a 'favourite album by era' chart... Sort of like the Greatest Hits compilations that pop up every now and then.So, here's mine: First Acoustic Phase (0739-0745) - SIX AND SIX First Band Phase (0746-0752) - TELEGRAPH MELTS Second Band Phase (0753-0759) - ONE FOOT IN THE NORTH Second Acoustic Phase (0760-0766) - NEW TOWN Acapella Phase (0767-0769) - THIS NARROW ROAD Pre-Live Modern Phase (0770-0778) - THE END OF IT ALL Live Phase - (0779-  ) MANHATTAN TUESDAY Post-Live Modern Phase (0780-  ) - RAINING DOWN DIAMONDS  Hoping for some recommendations... Particularly amongst the 'Modern' and 'Live' phases: where many of the online discographies kind of break down a bit! Thanks, Rob

Get fish-slapping on Messenger! Play Now