[Jandek] Recommendations from Jandek discography

Rob Turner elephantpie at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 27 03:02:36 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm just in the process of organizing another order of Jandek CD's, and was wondering if anybody had any particular favourites that are not always highlighted on the well-known discographies? I've already got hold of about 30 Corwood albums, and am hoping to find some buried gems. An example for me, of an album which never seems to get fair mention, is 'New Town'.
I thought to arrange such a request, and to maybe make it a bit more interesting, it might make sense to do a 'favourite album by era' chart... Sort of like the Greatest Hits compilations that pop up every now and then.
So, here's mine:

First Acoustic Phase (0739-0745) - SIX AND SIX

First Band Phase (0746-0752) - TELEGRAPH MELTS

Second Band Phase (0753-0759) - ONE FOOT IN THE NORTH

Second Acoustic Phase (0760-0766) - NEW TOWN

Acapella Phase (0767-0769) - THIS NARROW ROAD

Pre-Live Modern Phase (0770-0778) - THE END OF IT ALL

Live Phase - (0779-  ) MANHATTAN TUESDAY

Post-Live Modern Phase (0780-  ) - RAINING DOWN DIAMONDS

Hoping for some recommendations... Particularly amongst the 'Modern' and 'Live' phases: where many of the online discographies kind of break down a bit!

Thanks,

Rob