[Jandek] "Jandek: Psychology and Art" April 11 at Temple U.

Lars Spurious lars.spurious at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 10:06:30 PDT 2008

Very intrigued by this event. I gave a talk on Jandek in the music
department at Newcastle University in November last year. There was a LOT of
resistance to the music on the part of the audience (I played them 'I Shot
Myself' from *Khartoum*), but I did find an ally in one of the performers in
the department prior to the talk.

I also know that a lecturer in the Philosophy department at University
College Cork, Ireland played several tracks by Jandek as part of a third
year course on Theories of Interpretation ('The Park' from Ruins of
Adventure was featured prominently). Any other accounts of Jandek in
academia?