[Jandek] Loren Connors

The Bear With The Thorn In His Side doesabearwoof at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 28 19:11:45 PDT 2007

I'm sure someone has beaten me to promoting it, though, if so, I missed it, but Loren Connors has a new LP out in a run of 499 (well, in any practical terms, 474, since the first 25 were individualized and, I'm sure, already gone to friends, long-time supporters, etc.) called HYMN TO THE NORTH STAR (just vinyl, far as I can see, though that's not much of a deterrent to me...).  It has a nicely blurred cover picture and, well, the same sort of very minimal spacey guitar/bass interplay inside that one may associate with his work with the Rep (and Alan Licht is also on one track here as well).

Tim