[Jandek] Open Mic Jandek Cover Night -- reminder

Maurice Rickard maurice at mac.com
Wed Oct 17 21:21:51 PDT 2007

It's that time of year again--leaves on the weaker trees are turning,
and every so many days you have to wear long sleeves. It's also time to
polish up a Jandek cover or three and head to this year's Open Mic
Jandek Cover Night--the fifth annual one!

When: Monday, November 5 (Jandek Day), 8PM.

Where: Te Cafe, Squirrel Hill, Pittsburgh PA, USA, at the corner of
Murray Avenue and Beacon Street.

How much: Free! But it'd be cool if you showed some support for the room
by buying some tea or something.  There are plenty of exotic teas to set
the right frame of mind, and one variety of coffee.

Other logistics: there'll be time for two or three covers from each
person. I'll have lyrics available. There's room for one, maybe two
people to play at the same time. Drum kits, unfortunately, are out.
There will be low-powered amplification, which is all we need. It's a
small room.

Anyone can come and play...but you have to cover a Jandek tune. Come on
over for an evening that's by turns poppy, swanky, creepy, and deeply
alienating. We most likely won't see The Representative himself there,
but we'd like to see you.

--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/