[Jandek] Re: jandek Digest, Vol 55, Issue 219

Yuval Legendtofski legendtofski at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 01:38:57 PDT 2007

> > On 10/1/07, Marshy <nofxfonofx at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > yeah but do his studio albums require 5.1? its like, a guy and an
> > intstrument
> > > how could you add dynamics to it?

Easy: for a record like 'one the way' have jandek's ploking in one corner,
Eddie's noodling in the other , voice centre and the Boonga-boonga drums in
the rears!!

I'm surprised there are fans of 5.1 audio here, and it's pretty much a dead
format. I went out and bought a Pioneer DVD-audio player, and was
disappointed when SACD started releasing more titles, but everything went
dry toward end of 2005..I always dreamed of bands like SOnic Youth doing a
5.1 mix, but all I got was the fey theatrics of the Flaming Lips! Sigh.
There's a bootleg of Pink FLoyd's DARK SIDE OF THE MOON that is pretty
neat..it's a DTS DVD, it trips!