[Jandek] The Wire

Mark L famous_mortimer at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Oct 1 00:29:08 PDT 2007

No offence meant to Marc Masters, as some of their individual journalists are absolutely superb, but The Wire, all told, is a horrible magazine. Even though I love lots of the music they talk about, it's all done in such a rarefied way, in such a "smug know-it-all talking to other smug know-it-all" manner that it must put a lot of people off.

The music they review is brilliant and in some cases life-changing, but you'd never guess that from the way they talk about it.