[Jandek] Bootleggin'

Mark L famous_mortimer at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Mar 27 00:05:14 PDT 2007

Stolen? You'll have to check your definitions there, pal, because recording a concert isn't taking anything from anyone. Firstly, he's going to buy the album when it's eventually released. Second, maybe he wants to hear it now, rather than whenever it gets released. Who's being stolen from here?

Seeing as I'm still working my way through his recordings, I possibly wouldn't listen to it. But to take such a bizarre moral high ground stance on someone who does? Nah.

I'll admit now as to how I got into Jandek - I read about him, then downloaded "Ready for the House" via torrent. I liked it, so I then ordered 6 albums from Corwood. Corwood gains another loyal customer. What did I steal?