[Jandek] The "Late 60's"

Bradleybee bradleybee at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 14:31:45 PDT 2007

> If Jandek started
> recording in the late 60's as most of us believe,

I appreciate the recent discussions concerning Beacon Hill, but
I feel I must qualify this statement...

The 1st LP was released in 1978, so saying that it was recorded
in 1977-1978 would be a good, conservative guess.  However,
postulating that it was recorded a decade earlier and kept in a
shoebox until the late 70's is pretty far-flung revisionist
theory, and I would imagine that not many on the list subscribe
to this one.

I would say that it's fine to theorize about Mr. Smith's
motivations, inspirations & intentions, but one should be
careful not to revise the physical history of the Jandek catalog
so it will fit in to a particular theory that you wish to be
true.

Nothing personal, just a general comment...

ayche tee tee pee colon slash slash double you double you double you dot geocities dot com slash bradleybee