[Jandek] is Jandek on Last.FM?

chthonic streams chthonic at chthonicstreams.com
Fri Jan 26 06:53:28 PST 2007

last.fm began as an extension of a program called audioscrobbler.
basically users sign up so the site can log what they've been
listening to on their windows media players.  pages get created for
the artists either by fans or automatically, i'm not sure.  but then
once fans find the page related to the artist they can choose to join
it to show their appreciation.  this can all be done without any
artist or label intervention or approval.

however, i think artists or labels have to upload songs in an
official capacity for them to be fully available on the site.  once
they are, users and the audioscrobbler program strive to come up with
other rtists deemd "similar" and this creates links and also invents
a streaming "radio station" based on the listener's tastes.  for
example, typing in "jandek" to their "similar artist radio" i got
islaja, gang gang dance, the red krayola, and no-neck blues band as
the next 4 tracks.

there are a few tracks on the jandek page in preview, i'm not sure if
they'd come up on a "station" and play in full.

d.