[Jandek] ALBUM NUMBERING

Danen D. Jobe djobe at uark.edu
Thu Jan 25 11:49:55 PST 2007

This is a curious statement. All shows (except the Houston "guest appearance") have been recorded at least on audio (three shows that I know of weren't filmed), so they will all be out.

I honestly think (and this is purely opinion) that the "end" of Corwood will be arbitrary. when the muse stops, the project will stop, and even at that the pre-recorded material will continue to appear perhaps even after his death (not that I want to speculate about that! Just a point). I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to the album numbering that is connected with that - but I'm certain it will go past 0805.

Optimists can always assume he's shooting for #1000! But I believe the old quote where he said that the number 0739 was just something he made up.

This said, I'd be curious if anyone has a theory otherwise. Could be I'm missing the obvious.

Danen