[Jandek] Re: Where to start

Danen Jobe danen1970 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 21:54:37 PDT 2007

On a slightly different take:

Why not something newer? I personally think he's at the top of his game
right now. Of course, you'd want to balance that with some earlier stuff,
but I think Newcastle Sunday and Glasgow Monday are pretty tough to beat.
Different from the early stuff, of course, but I think it's deserving. If
you can get, say, an order of seven (lucky number) I'd do the two above,
"Ready for the House," "Chair Beside a Window," "Blue Corpse," "The Living
End" and "Glad to Get Away." You get through those and you have a pretty
good idea of the sound. Some are personal picks - you might go with
"Interstellar Discussion" or "Telegraph Melts" if you like things a bit more
in the garage, or perhaps "Manhattan Tuesday" on the other end, with its
psychedelic feel. I don't know. Maybe order the first ten and the last ten
in a box of twenty? Can't beat the price.