[Jandek] Open Mic Jandek Cover Night 2006

Maurice Rickard maurice at mac.com
Sat Sep 30 08:37:19 PDT 2006

Another year, another Jandek Day Open Mic Cover Night.  Once again,
this is November 5 (a Sunday, this year), in Pittsburgh, PA, at the
Kiva Han coffee house at Forbes and Craig Streets in the Oakland
section of Pittsburgh.  (Near the Carnegie Museum.)  We'll be running
from 7 to 9 or so.  This will be an all ages event, and free.  Anyone
can come and play...but you'll have to cover a Jandek song.  There
are no constraints on style or instrumentation, though full drum sets
would be impractical due to space limitations and the need for quick
turnover.  I'll have microphones and amplification; feel free to
bring guitars, keyboards or other instruments.

Unlike the March Radio Edition (for which we had some great
contributions--thanks, J-List!), this one's limited to people who can
actually show up in the space to perform.  So if you're anywhere near
Pittsburgh on November 5, consider dropping by.

So that's what we know right now.  See you there!

-M
--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/