[Jandek] Dancing about Architecture

Kip Shepherd kipshepherd at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 8 06:35:54 PDT 2006

> >>  Given how often that "dancing about architecture"
> >> quote gets bandied about, I would think someone would have given it a
>shot
> >> by now...
> >
> > It's funny, I've never actually heard that particular phrase before.
>
>i first heard it in some laurie anderson piece or other. wish i could be
>more specific. iirc, it was one of the short pieces where she interacted
>with a video "clone" of herself.

I first heard the phrase from Steve Martin. Maybe on his first LP in 1978.
Something along the lines of "Talking about music is like dancing about
architecture."

Kip

NP: Howlin' Wolf - Killing Floor
********
"Poverty is a great enemy to human happiness; it certainly destroys liberty,
and it makes some virtues impracticable, and others extremely difficult." -
Samuel Johnson

http://1000000milesaway.blogspot.com/