[Jandek] wonder what Jandek listens to?

stacey graham staceygraham at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 12:43:13 PST 2006

Wouldn't it be a scoop to find out what is on the stereo at the Corwood
Industries headquarters?  It would almost be too easy to predict some sort
of old country blues or maybe some freak folk or jazz.  It would be great to
find out he listens to something TOTALLY unexpected, like to see him driving
down the street booming some Wu Tang or Public Enemy or maybe some hardcore
trance/jungle/rave music.  You hear the bass pumping a block away and look
over as the car (Lincoln Navigator all blinged-out!) slides past and you
look and there is Jandek with the seat slid way back, the whole car full up
with his posse.

As an experiment a couple of weeks ago I "accidently" drank a whole big
bottle of cough syrup, and after the nausea slipped away and the buzz came
on I listened to Jandek for about 6 hours.  It sounded like pop music from
some alternate universe.  The spoken word ones didn't go over that good
though, they mostly made me space out because I couldn't concentrate on the
unadorned words floating past me.

--
Stacey Graham
Minneapolis  MN  USA