[Jandek] sterling

joe beres jmberes at comcast.net
Tue May 23 15:48:31 PDT 2006

Jumping in a bit late...

Why WOULD you refer to him as Sterling, just to prove how cool and in
the know you are?  You've so proudly proclaimed that you have spoken to
him, so clearly you have something to prove.  If that makes you feel
better than everyone, then great, have a ball.

I know Elvis Costello's real name.  Does that make me more interesting?
I don't think so.  Would I refer to him as Declan?  No, why would I?  He
has stated that he reserves his real name for those he is close with,
and would likely ignore or take offense if anyone else called him by
that name.  I don't think that's too crazy.  I see that as a direct
parallel to what you are talking about here.

You are on a Jandek list.  Trying to "out-Jandek" everyone else is a
little silly, isn't it?

best,

jb