[Jandek] SXSW?/Jandek at the library

LiLiPUT1 at aol.com LiLiPUT1 at aol.com
Fri Mar 10 10:26:07 PST 2006

Anyone SXSWing it this year? Any acts I should NOT miss? I'm most excited
about:

Ariel Pink (a new deity on my altar)
Guillemots
Hot Chip
Lady Sovereign ("Public Warning" is single of the year so far)

ALSO:

I was mildly surprised to discover that The Fine Arts Library at the
University of Texas - Austin has eight (8!) Jandek CDs. "Mildly" because it is a
university library (i.e. better funded) in Texas (they DO try to represent the
state's musicians as thoroughly as possible - the Jandek titles range from READY
FOR THE HOUSE to WORTHLESS RECLUSE for a solid overview). "Surprised" because,
well, it's still Jandek; he ain't Joe Ely (for better or worse).

Is Jandek so well represented at other libraries?

Kevin John