[Jandek] thoughts on Newcastle Sunday

Lauren Ciechanowski ciechano at stolaf.edu
Tue Mar 7 19:59:19 PST 2006

Re: the effects you were talking about, Stacey, what gets me the most
about Jandek (aside from his lyrics) is how he is clearly a well-versed
musician. Listening to tracks like 'The Beginning' and even 'The Electric
End,' you see he has a familiarity with his instruments that evidences
excellent technique. He is merely choosing a style of music and a style of
recording aesthetic that are completely outside of a lot of conventional
methods. And that's what I love about the music.

Again, it's like the noise between the ears sometimes; very impulsive and
sincere, but with a definite cerebral calculation.

Lauren