[Jandek] Acapella albums / ATP gig

Paul Condon paulgcondon at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 13:21:09 PST 2006

Put My Dream On This Planet and This Narrow Road are hardly among
Jandek's best. I like the sound and atmosphere of the former, but the
content is very repetitive. But I think Worthless Recluse is great,
and in fact it was one of the first four I ordered - it was the latest
album at the time. It's very varied overall and the title track is to
my mind possibly the most personally revealing thing Jandek's ever
done.

In case it hasn't been mentioned yet: Jandek is to play as part of the
Devendra Banhart Day at All Tomorrow's Parties in Camber Sands. Only
six berth chalets still available though...

http://www.atpfestival.com/events/line_up.php?event=22