[Jandek] A Minimum of Jandek

eric ericn613 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 09:40:09 PST 2006

>   I can not believe there are a number of posts like this. There is no
>   way anyone can dismiss these albums as not an equally important part
>   of the discography than any other album or period. The words on these
>   albums is sometimes more poetic than his recent stuff. Sure I totally
>   understand fans not liking these albums, but you can not cut them
>   from any overview of his discography.

I agree with Dave. Granted, I have a better time reading the lyrics vs. actually
listening. I often imagine melodies and instrumentation in my head when reading
them. I would love to maybe someday do a raucous loud rock'n'roll cover of
"It's Your House".

>   Also I posted a few months ago that I thought the bass albums were an
>   acoustic bass and anyone who responded said they believed it was an
>   electric bass. Well, you are right, Smith did use an electric bass on
>   those records. He also said there would be more shows in the future.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll play somewhere a bit more convenient
for me! :-)

-e.