[Jandek] The Cell--what's it about?

Brian Doherty bdoherty1888 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 21 03:00:36 PDT 2006

I don't WANT to think about that, and I don't think it's fair to speculate on a forum about that. The sooner people realise that Jandek is Jandek and isn't necessarily the same as the human being (Smith/'the representative' or whatever), the better.To speculate about whether or not the album is ABOUT something is, I suppose, fair enough, but to wonder publicly about the medical state or history of the human being doesn't seem a worthwhile or appropriate avenue of speculation.