[Jandek] Jandek in Chicago!

Danen D. Jobe djobe at uark.edu
Thu Jul 6 13:06:16 PDT 2006

I'm probably not the only one posting this, but just in case I'm gonna do it anyway.

Looks like the "2006 Late Summer/Early Fall" tour is coming to life (ironic pause here). Jandek is slated as the finale guest on Wednesday night, but we'll see what time he actually goes on. Here's the article as posted on pitchforkmedia.com:

The fourth annual Adventures in Modern Music Festival is headed to Chicago once again, taking place September 20-24 at the Empty Bottle (where, like, every good show in the city happens). Sponsored by The Wire magazine, the fest applies the word "modern" rather loosely (most of the participating acts have been recording for awhile...some for decades) but does promise a range of aural "adventures." The highlight of this year's lineup is international man of mystery Jandek, making his Chicago debut. Jandek was supposed to perform at last year's fest, but Hurricane Rita spoiled his travel plans.

Other performers include art rockers Kayo Dot, earthy rockers Badgerlore, rap scientist Edan, free jazz masters Hamid Drake and William Parker, and pioneering trumpeter/guitarist Rhys Chatham.