[Jandek] Album Numbering

Frank Hardy soccerdude219 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 08:13:05 PST 2006

Jandek has said many times that the number didn't mean anything; it was chosen at random. I've always assumed he just thought people would be more impressed if they saw that this unknown label had produced hundreds of records already.

Al Heldermon <bassui at earthlink.net> wrote:  I am new to the world of Jandek and this is my first post.

I'm speculating here, but I believe I know the rationale for the
numbering of the albums. I do not want to be presumptuous about this
so I would like to know what, if any, other past speculations have been
as to why the albums are numbered the way they are. I have not gone
through the Jandek literature to review past theories. Also, I don't
even know if Jandek himself has ever clarified the matter. Can any one
who is more knowledgeable on this subject please help me out here.

If the subject is still one that is unresolved within the Jandek ether
I think I would prefer to attempt to contact Jandek directly and try to
ascertain from him whether or not he would like this fact revealed.
There are some things that are better left a mystery.

Thanks,

Al Heldermon