[Jandek] Jandek mentioned on the Onion AV Club

William Ferguson hifi_24kt at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 10:25:16 PST 2006

  He only needed one?  What a jerk!

   -Billy

Jonathan Lee <jplee at cox.net> wrote:

http://www.avclub.com/content/node/45620

They ask people to put their iPods on shuffle and comment on what they
hear. Sort of like Wire mag's invisible jukebox, but not. On page 2
Ben "Death Cab for Cutie" Gibbard's iPod comes up with Message to the
Clerk pt 2. His comment below:

BG: My iPod's cooler than me right now! My intro to Jandek was through
my girlfriend, Joan. They're both from Houston and I remember her at
some point bringing up Jandek and me being like, "Who the hell is
Jandek?" She gave me the whole backstory about this reclusive, secret
singer-songwriter that makes these weird records. At some point a couple
of years ago, I bought three Jandek records and realized at that point
that I really only needed one.