[Jandek] Newcastle Sunday lyrics (rest of disc two)

Danen D. Jobe djobe at uark.edu
Sat Feb 18 16:48:02 PST 2006

Much thanks to Bradley Bee for helping by pointing me in the direction of his lyric transcription from the boot. The one lyric I was most concerned about, however, turns out to be a "Jandek special." It's found in "Locked Up." Here's his take on it:

The yellow trucks and red cars
And ????? it's ???

Then I doubled over laughing - Janky gets us again!

On the other hand, when copying my notes I accidentally left out the first verse of "Mangled and Dead" (and there it sits on my page - how the hell did I do that?), and he DID fix my trouble lyric in the second verse of the same song(which, I guess, "mangled" me!). So please change the lyrics at the start to read:

"You can eat worms, I don't care
You can be a clown at the fair
I'm walking down past you
You don't exist